Indiana

cwhit590

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
bcallaha, :welcome

I'm originally from South Bend, and now in southwest MI. We're having a snowy new year up here!

Schultz

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hey all! We came here though BYC. We are from Indianapolis. We mainly raise poultry but we try like heck to grow a good garden every year!

cwhit590

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:frow

Hey Schultz! I dunno about you guys in Indy, but up here by the IN/MI border things are growing well with all the rain and heat. We've had so many storms tho...some of my corn is leaning over a bit from the latest winds....:rolleyes:

bcallaha

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
How did your "Indiana" gardens to this year?

Last year, my tomatoes did terrible. I guess it was too cold and wet. The corn did well, as did my beans.

This year, my tomatoes did very well, and so did my corn, but my beans did terrible. The bloomed well, but the blossoms dropped, and I had very few beans. I planted some lima beans, but they did well, though. I think it was the hot and dry weather we had.

I'm thinking of putting in an irrigation system to pump water from my lake to the garden. Maybe that will help with the dry part.....now just have to figure out a way to control the temperature!!

:lol:

Brad

Latest posts