Inside Starts, Yours & Mine

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Brussels sprout seed for me this year, Heather.

What I'm doing with Brussels sprouts, I do not know. I don't like them! I'm blaming Major'! And, where is @majorcatfish ?? He should be starting some seed!

The onions that have emerged still aren't standing upright. It is fairly warm in the greenhouse during the days. We've had a little sunshine . . . not today, once or twice :/. It's raining!

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snap! Snapdragons are lifting their tiny stems above the soil!

There were 14 varieties of the larger, slower tomato varieties sown yesterday. It takes me quite awhile cramming 7 or 8 varieties in a single cookie box but, I feel I gotta do it. For one thing, I'll be going thru a lot of potting soil over the next several weeks. Economizing on space here in the South Window is most important.

I'd like to report that the Anaheim came thru - nope, not one. The 5 Jalapeno M don't have the vitality to break out of their seed cases :/. Good that I have sown fresh seed.

Steve

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I took this picture a few weeks ago. It was my first seed to sprout in 2014. Now I have a ton- but I really like this picture for some reason. I took it with my cell phone even.

muchonacho.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Valiente poco de pimienta mucho.

Someone who knows Spanish would need to check that. The picture & So Lucky's caption prompted me to fire up the translator :).

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
El valiente chile pequeno!

That was something I liked about Mucho Nacho. I've grown the Early Jalapeno before. I seem to remember it as not all that productive and a little coarse. I hope I'm not doing a good job remembering.

Cabbage and broccoli and kale seed in the mix today. What else? Celeriac and parsley. Can't find the Brussels sprouts!

Steve

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here are my first seedlings at the South Window:!
View attachment 1422
Finished the taxes last week and just got the paper work off this table. Precious little sunlight! Gotta move a giant Broad-leaf Thyme outta this window! Where's it gonna go, where's it gonna go??

23 Giant Marconi this morning and you can just see the few Super Chili and a Garden Salsa showing up. The closest seedling may be a King of the North. It is just about time to get some more of these seeds in a brownie box!

Steve
never knows what or how many more pepper seeds needed in 2nd sowing

Now when you pot these up, do they go in cell packs, or individual pots - what size, and do you have to up-pot again?

Latest posts