Introduction

Haleyj06

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi guys my name is Haley I have 6 chickens and getting more in March byc sent me here and I thought it would be a great idea to raise my own small garden I play jv softball I love farming sometimes I get sturburn and like to do the hard work myself but I love it. So I'm gonna be trying hard to start with my new garden with y'all help I know I can do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let me be the first to welcome you to our group, @Haleyj06. If you want to have fun and learn from some of the best, this is the place for you. I've found it's the best gardening site on the internet full of fun, interesting new friends.

I've got about a dozen birds myself. The grandchildren will probably be after me for more this spring as well. Welcome, welcome,welcome from a retired teacher and friendly gardener in Wisconsin.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi Haley welcome and TWO:thumbsup's up to you for wanting to start your own garden, let us know what you are thinking of growing, you'll find lots of good advice here.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It helps us to help you if we know a bit about your general area and growing conditions. Nothing too specific for on line safety reasons, but a hint of what you might expect in growing zone and soil makeup.

Mine is pretty general yet specific enough to get help from others with my climate conditions:- "in zone 4b-5a, south-est, central-est Wisconsin."

Haleyj06

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thank
Let me be the first to welcome you to our group, @Haleyj06. If you want to have fun and learn from some of the best, this is the place for you. I've found it's the best gardening site on the internet full of fun, interesting new friends.

I've got about a dozen birds myself. The grandchildren will probably be after me for more this spring as well. Welcome, welcome,welcome from a retired teacher and friendly gardener in Wisconsin.
Thank you I bet you lovely beautiful grandchildre I've seen them grow up and they can be a hand full but you love them anyway

Haleyj06

Leafing Out
Reaction score
It helps us to help you if we know a bit about your general area and growing conditions. Nothing too specific for on line safety reasons, but a hint of what you might expect in growing zone and soil makeup.
Well I live all the way down in north Alabama

Haleyj06

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi Haley welcome and TWO:thumbsup's up to you for wanting to start your own garden, let us know what you are thinking of growing, you'll find lots of good advice here.
Well I live all the way down in north Alabama
Well I've never done this before it would help me out if I can get a few tips on how to get started

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay all you busy southern gardeners. Get out of the dirt and help Haley. I'm sitting in 14 inches of the white stuff and haven't a clue until ya'll start bragging.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
By the way, my grandchildren -- the two youngest are living here with me -- are 16 and 15 and as close to perfect as teenagers can be. The older ones are young twenties in college where their brains and beauty are astounding their professors.

NOPE, I'm not in the least biased where the grands are concerned. Ask any of the grandparents here and they'll say much the same about their own. Bet I could get the low-down on you from your grandparents as well?

Haleyj06

Leafing Out
Reaction score
OK so I'm actually wanting to plant strawberry's white potatoes okra lettuce and peas