Iris bed???

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Monty bought me two packages of Iris bulbs for my Birthday. I need to get them in the ground, but have no idea where t plant them..... looks like a new flower bed in my future!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hee-hee I think Monty like the flower beds as much as you do! Buying more flowers that need a place sounds like a great way to get another bed. Have fun designing it and filling it. Happy Fall.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Way to go, Monty! Another flower bed is just what you and dew need for another season of flowering beauty. I love iris(es) and am planning to get a few of the re-blooming varieties in the near future. Right now I have to divide my current iris bed and re-do the area.

You are talking German bearded iris, right? There are so many new and interesting varieties out there. Can't wait to see them bloom next spring!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:hu I don't have a clue what kind of Iris bulbs he bought me. :hide I just know I have to put them somewhere and a new bed is the most logical thing. :lol:

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I usually post photos of my dahlias...here is one of my Bearded Iris...."Purple Pepper".
iris farm 6 13 13 129.JPG

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Such pretty iris-can't wait for mine to bloom this spring. I have a 20X50 garden with iris around all sides with a diamond shaped bricked bed in the center with roses in it. I have 20 or 30 different colors and they grow quite well here in the desert.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I still don't have a clue where to put my Iris's!!!:hu I actually forgot I had them until the other day.:hide I better figure something out SOON

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, you can always put them in a pot until you decide.
What kind of iris are they Dew?

edit- oops! I see you already said you didn't know what kind they are!

Latest posts