Is anyone else growing Lemon cukes?

Sarah_Mom2Four

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I tried these for the first time when one of DH's co-workers brought them in to hand out from their garden and they were the most delicious cukes I've EVER tasted. I managed to hunt down seeds for them from the Burpee brand and I'm watching them excitedly (although everything is growing so slow) and was wondering if anyone else was growing these yellow balls of cucumber :D

silkieboxerluv

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I am getting some seeds fro groco on ebay they sounded different and cool, im assuming we will get a late crop on these. I hope yours turn out great. What are they going to taste like?

Sarah_Mom2Four

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
silkieboxerluv said:
I am getting some seeds fro groco on ebay they sounded different and cool, im assuming we will get a late crop on these. I hope yours turn out great. What are they going to taste like?
Oh fun I hope yours turn out wonderful too! They taste like the best cucumber of the season! The are a little bit sweeter I've heard people say but really they were just delicious, you know sometimes you get those cukes where the flesh has an "off" taste and then those that make you drool, we'll these are bred to make people drool so keep a bib on hand.

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm not growing them this year, but I have in the past, and they truly are a lovely cuke! Plus I like anything strange like that :weight

tricia

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I love lemon cukes!! My husband didn't want me to plant them again this year tho because he said he could never tell when they were ripe! :lol: They are so good though - and I always bought those seeds at Wal-Mart.

ShellieESterling

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
If I can find them locally, already started, then I'll attempt to get some this year. It's so late in the season already, I don't have alot of options. ::sigh:: I'll enjoy my container garden this year. LOL

backintime

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Do lemon cukes only LOOK like lemons, or do they have a lemony taste?

Sarah_Mom2Four

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
backintime said:
Do lemon cukes only LOOK like lemons, or do they have a lemony taste?
They kind of look like lemons sort of, they have the harder exterior of a cucumber but are yellow balls.
Since I have no idea how to do photobucket or anything here is a link with a picture on it!
http://www.humeseeds.com/cukelem.htm

Sarah_Mom2Four

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
ShellieESterling said:
If I can find them locally, already started, then I'll attempt to get some this year. It's so late in the season already, I don't have alot of options. ::sigh:: I'll enjoy my container garden this year. LOL
It says they have a 65-70 day maturity rate, so maybe you could get them out of seeds. Just wondering cause I dont know that I've ever seen them already started and I think if you enjoy cukes you'll love these! But I hope you do find them started for you :)

ShellieESterling

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Sarah_Mom2Four said:
ShellieESterling said:
It says they have a 65-70 day maturity rate, so maybe you could get them out of seeds. Just wondering cause I dont know that I've ever seen them already started and I think if you enjoy cukes you'll love these! But I hope you do find them started for you :)
I dunno, I'm afraid to get a ton of veggies and get frost. We usually have snowfall around Halloween here, whether or not it sticks. I'm buying just about every tomato variety I can get my hands on. I'll be canning alot soon :lol:
Oh, I also found the lemon cukes at Burpee !
H53561.jpg

Latest posts