**Is this an apple tree?**

ShellieESterling

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
This is the tree I was questioning. It's so close to the addition they put on, I don't want it to get hurt. It looks pretty shabby already and doesn't get much sunlight (except the canopy). I'm thinking it's an apple, but anyone know what kind?

Please, correct me if I'm mistaken! :lol:

2595585733_f0b793c788.jpg

Sorry this shots a little fuzzy! Don't mind their 'professional' building skills either :rolleyes:
2596421356_b3f14080b1.jpg

ShellieESterling

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Someone, anyone?

Clearly I don't read the Index section, I didn't know there was a Plant ID section. Can a mod move this, maybe?

ShellieESterling

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
MissPrissy said crabapples make awesome jelly, didn't she?

At any rate, I hope it's an apple tree. The neighbor across the street has an small orchard himself.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Something I like even better than crabapple jelly, are spiced crabapples. Have you had them? I can't find them anymore, though you used to be able to buy them anywhere. They were served with pork, chicken etc.

They are something like spiced peaches, and well worth putting up! :)

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
hard to tell but I have a big old tree and it looks very similar.

Suess

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm worried about the people who will be living in that addition. I have never seen construction like that. I hope it doesn't topple the tree. And where can I get a crab apple jelly recipe?

ShellieESterling

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Suess said:
I'm worried about the people who will be living in that addition. I have never seen construction like that. I hope it doesn't topple the tree. And where can I get a crab apple jelly recipe?
:lol:

Sorry, I'm cracking up over here. Yes, I agree, that's some mighty fine handy work there, isn't it? It's actually a kennel and we've decided to just tear the whole thing off.
And MissPrissy from BYC I'm sure has a recipe for the jelly, since she was the one that mentioned it.