Is this bermuda or some other variety of weed?

RickF

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi all.. I need a weed ID on the weeds below.. Are they bermuda or something else? It's VERY invasive and is quickly taking over the front yard. Should I use a herbacide or try to dig it up? These send runners EVERYWHERE and missing one little piece means having yet another plant.. I need to do these in, once and for all!

Ideas?

7062_dsc_3115.jpg

7062_dsc_3114.jpg

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yep that's bermuda all right. Welcome to the club. You will never get rid of it 100%. I've seen it go under a double concrete driveway and come up on the other side. Just keep digging it out. It will bury most garden plants. I've read that bermuda grass costs agriculture world wide more money than any other weed.

RickF

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks for the ID..

I once saw on a TV program a thing that was dragged behind a tractor somewhere here in the California central valley that would drag a cloth boom of sorts and spray superheated water just under the 'carpet' and that would allow the heat to penetrate the ground to kill the weeds.. I wonder if something like that might work -- I guess only if the weeds are surface dwellers..

Latest posts