Is This Safe ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
The heater, bottle and cord are all outside of pen. The water nipple fits through the hardware cloth. 9 degrees water not frozen, I just feel better knowing Harvey can drink any time he wants.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ducks ... rabbits can and will chew and swallow the rubber / plastic feed and water containers when they get the urge to do so.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I believe it. It's been years since I kept a rabbit. I used ceramic bowls and I think I would use plastic now, but I don't think I'll ever have rabbits again. Don't care for them, DON'T have the time to gentle them and DON'T have the heart to butcher them, like my chickens.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ducks you are lucky and get all the manure you can use from your horses. I have a rabbit for manure, was surprised how attached I become to him. When he sees me walking toward him, he runs back and forth then gets on his hind legs. Might just be every time I visit him I have treats for him.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad I don't like horses. Sound like a lot of bother..... ;)

Same with rabbits, although I like to eat them. Wonder how roasted horse would be...... I kid, I kid.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad I don't like horses. Sound like a lot of bother..... ;)

Same with rabbits, although I like to eat them. Wonder how roasted horse would be...... I kid, I kid.

I've worked overseas and eaten in construction camp type mess halls where you don't have a lot of choices, they cook what they cook. Horse is actually pretty good but you'd expect he French to cook about anything well. In Korea I ate dog. It was kind of sweet, but again pretty good. As far as I know I've never eaten cat.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner Duck, RUN FOR COVER!!!!! They will hunt you down and shoot you like a rabid dog..... Nice knowing you.

Latest posts