ISO Plastic pots and.....

dandelionchick

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I found a place called "Plasticflowerpots.net".
Great prices, you can buy smaller lots like lots of 10, 25, 50 or 100 or more.
Says pots are made in USA.
Shipping isn't bad at all for me, they're in Florida and I'm in Georgia.
Anybody else heard of or use this company? I like the site but would love to get a good review before I order anything.
If not maybe order just a little thing to see how they do. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been known to buy some things in bulk, dandelionchick. But, just looking at a couple things and comparing them with Harris Seed (link), the prices look okay.

They don't seem to be better prices than what I can get at the garden center, however. Is there a large garden center near you where you can check prices?

Here is another idea to save money: any landscaper is likely to have a wholesale account from a local supply outfit. Know anybody like that? They usually sell to the nurseries, greenhouses, places like that.

I'm sure that I am in the "landscaper folder" at the wholesaler. However, I predate the most senior sales lady there and used to pick up things for a wholesale florist company. When I showed up, everybody smiled at me and showed me where the coffee was ;). Those days have passed and they don't even give me a paper catalog these days :p! Still, I've got a little green in my wallet . . .

Steve

dandelionchick

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thanks Steve, unfortunately we live in an economically depressed area so all that is here is Walmart and Home Depot and one little nursery. I shutter to think how many pots Walmart and HD throw away so I'm going to stop by and see if they will let me have some. Those big places often have rules against that but the worst they can say is no. LOL I looked on CL and tried google for used pots but haven't found any yet but I'll keep looking. Thanks! :)

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
when FreeCycle was still active in my area i got a ton of different sized landscaper's pots for free. also got some of the smaller 3-4" pots from the same lady. have you checked around on Craigslist to see if anyone if getting rid of a stash? i've seen a few times on there people who are moving and need to get rid of their stashes they've been hoarding and just can't take all they have.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Around here it's possible to get pots from landscapers just for going to the job and picking them up. Nurseries also recycle them and often receive pots back from customers that they can't use. In a really small town that may not be possible. I think your plan of going to the big box stores is a good bet.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wish we were closer. I have been trying to rid myself of 40 years of garden center pots of every size. Right now I have a wheelbarrow filled with stacks and stacks of pots waiting for a response from local FreeCycle members.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What do they call that . . . a pot ghetto?

It just lends a certain ambiance, an agrarian charm to the garden, Linn.

I'll tell you what - being able to grab a proper container, even if it is brand-spanking new, is sure better than not being able to grab one and having to try to figure out whether you can cut down an old oil can, or sumthin'.

Steve

dandelionchick

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I know what you mean Steve. At the risk of making everyone cringe, I've been using Styrofoam cups for my young plants. They work great but bad for the environment. :(
I reuse them and any pot I get and the quart size yogurt and cottage cheese containers are wonderful but it would be nice to have some pots. I'm hoping to sell extra plants next year and real pots would look better than my menagerie of hillbilly pots! LOL
I have checked CL and Hoobly. Nothing came up so I thought about placing an ad.
Smart Red how many are there, would you consider shipping them UPS if I paid? Just an idea I thought I'd put out there.
Thanks everybody! :)

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
dande chick
I use hundreds of Styrofoam cups every growing season. Every day I get at least 2 quart cups of iced tea from a local sandwich shop. That's a lot of cups in a years time. I use them until they are no longer able to hold soil and then they are discarded.
Each cup lasts about 3 years.

THANX RICH

Latest posts