It all started with a stroll...

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
.... out to the back forty, to check on the potatoes. I kind of felt someone looking at me. Imagine my surprise when I see lots of little eyes looking at me. Kittens! By the end of the day, I had trapped Mama and all five of her kittens. They are presently wrecking my guestroom :lol: So, now in my spare time I am trying to tame these critters, so I can find them homes. By the time I bribe them with canned food, they are going to end up weighing 200 pounds! Wish me luck!

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
lesa, sounds like you had a busy day. I do wish you luck and i'm glad for mama & babies that you came along. so many poor creatures live hard lives.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lesa, is the mama yours? Do you plan on keeping any? If not, you better watch out, you'll fall in love with one of them.

Mary

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Heavens no! My animals are all spayed and neutered. They would be easy to fall in love with... I have found homes for dozens of strays in the course of the last 20 years- so I am hopeful that I will succeed with these. One summer I fostered 2 litters of feral kittens. Takes a lot of time to tame them. Fingers crossed!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well I hope the mama isn't feral. If she won't even deal with you, there are feral rescues who fix them and then find them homes as barn cats. Or at least there are some around where I live. Best of luck to you! :)

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
good luck! i'd love to see some pics when you have them. if i didn't already have 2 cats (my little girl just got spayed this week), i would rush over and help take one off your hands when they're ready!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Lesa, Peeper and Clevland want to see pictures of them. Sounds like you know the routine, but if you want any advice just ask. Feral equals lack of trust, and that lack is because usually, a person hurt the cat that went feral. The other kind of feral is born feral. Little kittens should be easier, and the mama kitty is an unknown, gone feral or born feral. Meantime you know, let them trust you the best you can. Litter box trained is way important to finding a good home. for the kittens the litter box should be a fun place. big tray under it! :p

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
As soon as they don't hate me- I will snap their pics! Unfortunately, mama is not interested in the litter box. The little ones, took right too it. She prefers the mattress and pillow... guess what is going in the garbage tomorrow? I will get everything out of the room and see if I can get her interested in the box. The babies came out and gave me a sniff this morning, they are slowly warming up. At this rate, they should be ready for adoption at age 5 or 6...

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
how old are the babies??? you need to handle kittens a lot to tame them... I used to blow in their noses so they would know my smell... sounds like mama is very feral... babies have a better chance of adoption...