It is Zeedman's Birthday !

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy Birthday @Zeedman , I hope you get to enjoy it just the way YOU want to.
20638202_1548182565225138_5167250425605595979_n.jpg

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, @Zeedman, I hope you have a wonderful day full of garden thoughts. Also, I wanted to tell you that I really appreciate your contribution to the forum. You speak with experience and knowledge. :bow

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. Personally, I've reached the point where I try to forget how old I am. :hide It's nice, though, that family & friends remember for me. The granddaughter made me a birthday cake, and the candle count was very accurate... sucked all the oxygen out of the room. Blowing it out was a matter of self-preservation.:th

Happy Birthday Zeedman! Is that a bitter melon in your avatar? What do you do with them?
Yes, that is bitter melon. I grow it mainly for DW (to help with her diabetes) and to share with some of our Filipino friends & Hmong co-workers. I eat it occasionally as well, but as the name implies, it is an acquired taste. IMO, it is best used in dishes with egg, tomato, and chicken. Trellises of bitter melon also make great barrier crops between different varieties of other vegetables (like pole beans or tomatoes) for seed saving purposes, and double as wind breaks to protect heat-loving crops. The vines are very sweet scented when in bloom. The bitter melon in my avatar is a Chinese variety that I am trying to de-hybridize... the results have been so successful, I question whether it was really a hybrid to begin with.

Happy Birthday!
5nM5pkO.gif

... Zeedman sowing the first extraterrestrial garden! ...

Steve
:lol:
WOW!!! Look at all that untilled ground!!! And no weeds!!! I'm so there... :weee
But what to plant - maybe Moon & Stars watermelon is worth a try. :D

Latest posts