It's almost the same...

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not totally the same, but close.

My lettuces have grown back through winter. Don't need to plant them again. :D
Leaves covered them in the fall and they stayed, undamaged, and now growing again. I should always leave some of the plant and cover with leaves, will save a lot of time and some money by doing that.

Anyone else have random luck to have the same happen?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Morning Sec,
I have a couple little Freckles Lettuce plants doing that too.
Don't be surprised if they want to go to seed,
but then, that's seed for saving,
and good ones too. Winter surviving Lettuce.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good morning to you, too.
some of it did bolt last year, too hot for them not to. I did save the seeds, but where I put them is another story...This house is like a black hole, we loose everything in it, which is odd, since it's a tiny farm house...We've got multiples of several small tools, they always end up missing in the grass for a few months. They all need to come with holes in the handles so I can tie flagging tape to them all!

I think some other plants may be making it through winter.
Pic.
Love the unidentified grown cover that grew in...it's so plush and low...
DSC_0429mm.jpg

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wrap mine in duct tape (there are some PRETTY colors out now :love ). It makes them easy to spot and gives them just a bit of 'padding'.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, losing things...wait until you get old...

There are ole guy secrets how to lose fewer things:

Try to have a regular place for things. 2 or 3 regular places is ok. still gives you a place to look.
When ya set something down, point at it and say for example, "shovel fence post"
Watch out setting something down while another human is near. The human takes the attention, the thing gets forgotten.
I even point at my car after i park it when in town

That low green growth sure is pretty. Kind of lik...well i thought like irish moss, but not quite. Save some to keep growing and see if it flowers. Lots of things it might be, from dianthus to veronica. Anyone ever have dichondra around your parts?

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lovely plush matting.
DSC_0433.jpg

Grew over my failed carrot bed and on my potato mounds.
DSC_0434.jpg

It has flowers, small and white. This pic failed, but it might be good enough.
DSC_0431.jpg

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is Dichondra!

Some folks plant it as a lawn that is hardly ever walked on, but looks splendid.

It is also planted between steps on garden paths.

The flowers look like miniature Morning Glory flowers, pale and wild looking, tiny.

Mostly it is a favored plant in retired person's cottage gardens. Some families have a cherished patch from a grandmother's house.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
That is Dichondra!

Some folks plant it as a lawn that is hardly ever walked on, but looks splendid.

It is also planted between steps on garden paths.

The flowers look like miniature Morning Glory flowers, pale and wild looking, tiny.

Mostly it is a favored plant in retired person's cottage gardens. Some families have a cherished patch from a grandmother's house.
Sorry Marshall... definately NOT Dichondra... looks nothing like my 100% Dichondra lawn that I planted at our first house in Cal. :mow

Latest posts