I've Rooted Fig Branches... Now What?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So my 3rd attempt at rooting fig branches finally took. The first few times I did it originally I did it directly in soil and they never took. This go around I put them in a vase with water I switched out every day. Now they both have beautiful brown and white nubs, the starting of roots.

My question is when should I move them to a pot of soil? Any specific soil and way to put them in the soil?

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just my opinion, vfem, as I have never rooted fig cuttings in water, but I would probably wait until those nubs actually start showing the root just a bit more before potting them up. Maybe a few more days to a week? I use a mix of compost and potting soil for my transplants and that seems to work ok for me. about 50/50 more or less. Congrats on getting some cuttings to root! :)

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use coir for daylily seedlings. I went from about 10% germination to close to 100%. You might grow them in this medium for a while. It is a sterile lightweight growing medium, better than anything else I have used.
vfem said:
So my 3rd attempt at rooting fig branches finally took. The first few times I did it originally I did it directly in soil and they never took. This go around I put them in a vase with water I switched out every day. Now they both have beautiful brown and white nubs, the starting of roots.

My question is when should I move them to a pot of soil? Any specific soil and way to put them in the soil?

Latest posts