Jane23 - South Eastern Montana

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's why I stay inside with warm blankets, long underwear, and good wool socks.

we wear a few layers of clothes and have hats too that we wear around the house - it really helps keep the heat in. :) if i'm perched here on the futon there's usually a few blankets around that i can adjust to how warm things feel.

today it is damp and cold, i got 'em stacked high and deep! there's a few inches of snow out back. the first snow that's stuck for this season.

CaddyGr

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Some assembly required. 3 years and counting. It will take another couple years to reach better sustainable levels.

It’s more than living off-grid. It’s getting g off of plastics, processed foods, and anything that bad for you. That takes time and determination.

Knowing what you know now, how many years would it take you to again assemble your off grid set if you both were to start from scratch today? Same 3 years, less than 3 years say 1.5?

Jane23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Knowing what you know now, how many years would it take you to assemble your off-grid set again if you both were to start from scratch today? Same three years, less than 3 years say 1.5?
I would say it is harder today. Many of the earlier materials were better quality and a lot of junk is coming from China. Those won't last for years, and no one can afford to replace various components year after year. I also got most of our pieces before the prices went up. If you want to consider it, I would wait for inflation to cool for a few years.

The best way I had it all explained to me is that it is like paying for your electricity and anything else you need to install and maintain in the future. I would say it would take less time now, but that is because the original system was meant for our traveling semi/camper. The new one will be for the polebarn/garage and house.

My husband and I are looking to the age of 80 and asking ourselves what we want from our home and world. That is another reason it is taking longer. We will only do this once, so it better be right the first time.

Latest posts