Jane23 - South Eastern Montana

Jane23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Welcome to this forum! I think you will find it fun and you can learn a lot of new info! 😊
I think I will too. It’s also helping me to figure out what’s going on. I was a freelance writer for all the junk online and it never says anything. So, actual information is important to me.

Jane23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
100% off grid.......... you are living the dream :cool: good job!
Some assembly required. 3 years and counting. It will take another couple years to reach better sustainable levels.

It’s more than living off-grid. It’s getting off of plastics, processed foods, and anything that bad for you. That takes time and determination.

Last edited:

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Some assembly required. 3 years and counting. It will take another couple years to reach better sustainable levels.

It’s more than living off-grid. It’s getting g off of plastics, processed foods, and anything that bad for you. That takes time and determination.
How are you living off-grid? I am interested! Are you living in a tiny home out in BFE!?

Jane23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
How are you living off-grid? I am interested! Are you living in a tiny home out in BFE!?
I am living in a refurbished camper right now. Do not attempt this in a regular RV or Camper. They are not designed for -40 temperatures. My husband and I ripped it apart three years ago and added 2 inches of spray foam and 2-inches of cellulose to make it as winter-tight as possible. The R-value is something crazy I can't think of right now.

Most RVs and Campers do not have the R-value for extreme temperatures. We built our solar-panel system before it was cool or came with tax breaks, and we are currently upgrading from 24 to 48 volts once our battery is delivered this week.

I will say do not attempt this unless you are willing to live hard. Currently, all our water is frozen, and our tank split as we tried to move it, so yeah, we have no water for the winter.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am living in a refurbished camper right now. Do not attempt this in a regular RV or Camper. They are not designed for -40 temperatures. My husband and I ripped it apart three years ago and added 2 inches of spray foam and 2-inches of cellulose to make it as winter-tight as possible. The R-value is something crazy I can't think of right now.

Most RVs and Campers do not have the R-value for extreme temperatures. We built our solar-panel system before it was cool or came with tax breaks, and we are currently upgrading from 24 to 48 volts once our battery is delivered this week.

I will say do not attempt this unless you are willing to live hard. Currently, all our water is frozen, and our tank split as we tried to move it, so yeah, we have no water for the winter.
Oh no! What will you do for water!?

Latest posts