Jerry Baker's newest book

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I just got an offer in the mail to preview Jerry Baker's newest book, Terrific Tonics. I wondered if anybody here had actually used his recipes and what you think of them. The offer is for 50% off the cover price. I think I've already decided to take advantage of it, but would like feedback from any who are familiar with Jerry Baker to make me feel better about spending the money that I really can't spare anyway. :p

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Speaking as someone who believes that there are really only about a dozen different things, MAX, that you would ever need to put on your garden or spray on your plants, I don't believe I can be of assistance to you in what you're looking for ;)

Pat, amazed that one person can publish basically the same book so many times over.

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have to make another no vote on my part as well.

He has some interesting and useful (although not necessarily original) ideas but most of which are available for free online somewhere. Many of his "tonics" tend to use ingredients that can cause harm to your soil and plants if not used correctly and without exercising a fair amount of caution (which he doesn't tend to explain).

Sorry to be a downer. :/

elnabelms

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Another thought, if you really want the book, check ebay first. I've found books there for 1/2 the price listed in mail ads, and they are often new or nearly new.

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
thanks everyone for the feedback. I welcome it. I went ahead and sent off my response card to get the freebie stuff and will return the book when it comes. I'm assured that it will cost me nothing to do so.

Latest posts