John-Boy at Summer Camp

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I found one of my my old journals today! Apparently, I enjoyed Summer Camp, er, that's the impression I get from my writing style in the journal. However, I detected strong notes of vague contempt for certain aspects of the cold world of camp. For example, Nobody seemed to have, care, or even know about chickens, ducks, coturnix (apparently I got in trouble for saying Coturnix at camp), ringnecks, bronzebacks, geese, or any form of livestock! I still can't believe it! And nobody knew about factory farming, or concentration gardening, and nobody seemed to even know that veggies grow in rows! I mean seriously! And the gosh-aweful thing that weirdo did to my chocolate bar! I tore that part out of my journal and burnt it. I was happy for the 27 years that have passed in which I forgot about that incident... Hopefully I'm not scarred for life. I can't believe I finished eating it! And the Canoe accident! I'm glad I was wearing a parachute! Let me tell you! And heaven forbid that you take a live Parlor Roller to camp! And then there was that midnight rendezvous with that girl who only wanted to tie me to a tree. :( That morning was very mosquito-y. Oh, and the Chipmunk thing. :rolleyes: Yeah. I'm glad I moved passed those years quietly. And while staying at camp, I won the archery contest when I hit that little girl's slushie drink; that was closest anyone got to the target's bullseye. :cool: And the goat! We had funny tasting sausages after the fireworks that day. I never made the connection, but it makes so much sense now. :/ Turns out I tried Chevon much earlier than last Christmas. I just thought I was eating blown-up pork.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I knew it! Those were just false rumors about the death of John Candy and Uncle Buck! That's you Mr. Candy in disguise, and you don't have me fooled! I always wanted to be in one of your movies! Farmer Buck Goes back to Camp<<<excellent idea for your next movie!

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
:rolleyes:
Marshall, when are you gonna stop trying to figure out who I am? :p

I really shudn't 'a told you that J.R. LUcas is just a penname.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:yuckyuck

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
No wait, maybe you're not Dan Akroyd! You're that jerk who slipped the frogs into pillow at camp 27 years ago!

Latest posts