Journey11's Garden Journal 2014

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You will just appreciate it that much more when you do finally get all the last minute things taken care of. Where are you going? You may have said and I wasn't listening....

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
You will just appreciate it that much more when you do finally get all the last minute things taken care of. Where are you going? You may have said and I wasn't listening....

Yeah, if I can just get on the road, I'll be a whole other person. ;) We're headed to the Outer Banks in NC. Haven't been in 8 years, since before Ava was born. So excited! I just want to kick back, do nothing but enjoy my kids and make some good memories with my family. We've taken weekend trips every so often, but this will be a real vacation. DH even had the forethought to take off another week after this to stay at home, work around the house and recover from the vacation (you know how that is). It's gonna be great. :)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
DSCF0784.JPG Sure... that'll work.
His name is now Kanga the Roo.
sHa_hehe.gif

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Amanda,wishing you the the most relaxing drive to and from, the most gorgeous sunrises over the ocean, the very best of family times and the sweetest memories your girls can cherish. :hugs

And we expect pictures!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's supposed to rain a lot this week, but some friends who just went last week said that meant lots of rainbows. :) I don't mind either way. I will keep myself occupied doing a whole lot of nothing. :D I brought a few crafts for the kids to do, rain or shine. Ava is begging me to put a beach braid in her hair (little braid wrapped in colorful embroidery floss). I got enough to do all of the girls' hair. My sis and BIL and some friends from church are going with us. We got a good deal going in together on the house. There are 5 little girls among us!

@canesisters , I really considered coming to get that lovely roo of yours! But I'm down to thinning out my flock for winter, so I guess I'd better not. I'm getting Ava some silkies for next year. She's starting 4-H this fall. :)

Thanks for the pet sitting offer. I know they'd be in good hands with you! ;) It's not going to cost me too much to board them. It's really a load off of my mind now. I was really worried the dog's wound could get infected while I'm gone. The vet says she ought to have it removed if it doesn't heal up (after they told me maybe she probably shouldn't have it removed back when it was small because the cancer just keeps reoccurring.) They said the risk is better than having a wound that won't heal. Hoping and praying it will close up. :fl She is 13 in October. Too old to keep putting her under for surgery.

24 hours to go, and I'll be hitting the road. :ya