Joz, Joan, Jo-Ann

joz

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We made it. :)

7:pm Tues - 4:am Thursday. That's a long storm. Ooof.

We lost ~10' of gutter, a pair of french doors, and a wee roof patch over a 6" hole (and some subsequent ceiling in a room we'd yet to finish).

I don't know how much it rained. Supposedly 9" by Wednesday noon... probably at least that much again by Thursday morning. 9:15 - 9:20 Thurs morning it rained enough to flood my street. We think the pumps had been turned off at that point, as the storm was effectively over.

7993_flood.jpg

I'm about to head home and find out whether the power did actually come back on (rumor has it we had power at noon).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yay!!!!! So good to hear this news!

I am sorry that you had to go thru this . . . and face the mess.

We don't have hurricanes here but an ice storm that left folks in some neighborhoods without power for 3 weeks affects an entire community. I had trouble driving because of the absence of streetlight & signals. And, I would just as soon forget the volcanic eruption - that mountain is no saint.

Hopefully, you can get this experience behind you quickly and get back to a proper life.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Thanks, Joan!

The storm seems so slo o o w . . . I hope we aren't going to learn that it tracks back out a ways and then makes landfall again. . .
This is nutz!

See that little circle below Louisiana??

two_atl.gif

Not Leslie, not Michael -- the little circle with the "50%" nearby. That is a "remnant" of Isaac. What NOAA is saying is that there is a 50% chance of it becoming a tropical cyclone . . ! And, if it does . . . it is now moving SSW. I suppose it needs a little more open water time to build very much.

If it becomes another Tropical Storm, they will call it Nadine . . .

Steve

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I saw that Steve. Our local weather guy said it only has a 40% chance of it turning into anything. Maybe they will close all the schools, give out sand bags again - after all Isaac dumped 1/4" inch of rain on us - Whew, it was scary!

Latest posts