Juliana Basic Greenhouse???

madapostle

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Looking at putting in a small greenhouse. Been doing much reading and comparing. Came across the Juliana Basic 600 Greenhouse (6 x 10) and was wondering if anyone out there had any experience with these units (brand, model). There is not a lot of reviews but what I read says they are sturdy, which is very important to me. I am open to input. We live in Colorado Springs, CO. Wind and Snow! Trying to keep price under $1000!

Thank for the help!!!

jul-basic-600.jpg

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the greenhouse. We're planning on building one out of recycled materials. Hopefully, someone else here can help you out.
But :welcome

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
To anyone thinking about making a greenhouse out of recycled windows... I highly recommend going to pinterest and searching the subject. You will surely be inspired. Everything from super simple, to extremely extravagant. Check it out! Welcome, madapostle!

madapostle

Leafing Out
Reaction score
YEah, I have a ton of idea's from Pinterest. But in this application, I am more apt to use a commercially available model. And Kevin, thanks for the input but that was not my question. :)

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I considered getting this greenhouse before I found the one I have at Harbor Freight Tools. There are others on this board that have the same and they are very happy with them and you can't beat the cost.

4898_hpim2103.jpg

The cost on the Juliana was a little too much for me. Here is mine.

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
kevinanderson said:
madapostle said:
Looking at putting in a small greenhouse. Been doing much reading and comparing. Came across the Juliana Basic 600 Greenhouse (6 x 10) and was wondering if anyone out there had any experience with these units (brand, model). There is not a lot of reviews but what I read says they are sturdy, which is very important to me. I am open to input. We live in Colorado Springs, CO. Wind and Snow! Trying to keep price under $1000!

Thank for the help!!!

http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/jul-basic-600.jpg
Why dont you try to create your own hydroponic garden on the roof of your building? Rooftop hydroponic gardening is becoming more and more popular nowadays. A hydroponic rooftop garden would be an excellent choice for you if you want to have a hassle free gardening experience. A balcony or roof deck can easily be used to grow your favorite fruits and vegetables throughout the year. Before you start your rooftop garden, it is important to have the roof checked to make sure it can support the added weight of a garden. To start rooftop hydroponic gardening, you should decide on what plants or herbs you want to grow and how many of each. Once you decide the amount of plants you want to grow, you need to get plastic containers or plastic tubes to grow your plants. Next, you need to cut holes in them to place your potted plants properly. You can either buy seedlings from market or grow your own seedlings.

Ref: http://www.hydroponicssystems.co/hydroponics-systems/rooftop-hydroponic-farming/
Are you going advertise your business in everyone of your posts?

Chris

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The Mama Chicken said:
chris09 said:
[

Are you going advertise your business in everyone of your posts?

Chris
I had the same thought. It's annoying.
It's like having commercials on here.
They start out trying to help the OP but then they lead into the big sales pitch, kind of like a used car salesmen.

Chris

madapostle

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Southern Gardener said:
I considered getting this greenhouse before I found the one I have at Harbor Freight Tools. There are others on this board that have the same and they are very happy with them and you can't beat the cost.

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/4898_hpim2103.jpg

The cost on the Juliana was a little too much for me. Here is mine.
Yes true...but I have heard bad things about the durability of the Harbor Freight unit. That it does not hold up in wind. We can get gusts up to 70 mph around here and I cant have the GH flyin away in the wind!

Thanks for your pic though. Can I ask, how well do the panels fit and are the panels double wall poly like the pic below?

poly.jpg

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I can't see your picture, but no, I haven't had 70 mph winds here lately. The panels fit fine but I did order more clips - I don't think they give you enough.

Latest posts