Just for Fun. Tractors - Than and Now WARNING PIC HEAVY (I hope)

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear when men were men and tractors were... well... ummm...

comfort2.jpg

Minneapolis_Moline_1938_UDLX-3.jpg

MinnieMoUDLX660x440.jpg

For your enjoyment, edification and enlightenment I present the 1938 Minneapolis-Moline UDLX, Designed to both work in the fields and be driven into town it sported a heater, windows that opened, a glove box, radio, cigarette lighter, gauges, passenger seat, a PTO and a top speed of 40 mph which was more than sufficient for the roads of the day. Sales were limited (M-M only built 150) by the steep price tag of $2,150.00 at a time when you could both a car and tractor for under $500 each.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I saw the thread title, I thought there would be pictures like this one:

4989_fords.jpg

It isn't Dad on the old 9N but reminds me of the time.

Instead, there are these "deluxe" models. Cigarette lighter!!! Windows!

I can remember how delightful a closed-cab combine was after having nothing but an umbrella in 95F! Turn at one end of the field and have the heat and dust from the machine follow you at 1.5 mph until you can get turned and heading back into the breeze a half a mile away. Nearly reaching death was the reality of harvest on those machines.

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I have NEVER seen one of those, Too cool! My husband has a Ford 9N, nothing pretty to look at anymore but still runs. Can't ask for more :)
[img
8098_at_the_lot_may_19_016.jpg
][/img]

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are amazing tractors Oldguy! Just ahead of their time I guess.

Here's one of our oldest son, taken back in the day when a kid had to earn his keep!

7504_andy_on_jacks_tractor.jpg

Latest posts