Just in time for Valentine's Day

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
It's not enough that you grow picture picture veggies, you've got to grow flowers too??? You make me green with envy Jack!! What a lovely valentine's gift!
We have a few feet of snow on the ground and more on the way. I had to shovel around the greenhouse walls as it was 3 feet deep. The piles of snow are so high from snow blowing I will have a problem dealing with any more. How is your area doing?
Jack

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know we can't really complain, this year...The snow is pretty packed down now, but we don't have more than a foot or a foot and a half. Plenty of snow- but nothing compared to other areas. DH actually snow blowed for the chickens! I usually shovel for them, but the path was getting a little tight. I am so longing for the sight of dirt! 44 days till spring!

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
You know we can't really complain, this year...The snow is pretty packed down now, but we don't have more than a foot or a foot and a half. Plenty of snow- but nothing compared to other areas. DH actually snow blowed for the chickens! I usually shovel for them, but the path was getting a little tight. I am so longing for the sight of dirt! 44 days till spring!
I have to put on a snowmobile suit and wade through snow up to my waist to put seed in the bird feeder. It has been so cold we still have snow left over from Christmas. The piles on the sides of the streets make it difficult to see at intersections. Winter, humbug. :(

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Humbug, indeed!!! I love to feed the birds, but I am not sure I would be that devoted! My feeders are on a second story deck, so I just keep that shoveled off. I have a heated bird bath, which all the birds have enjoyed this year. Not a lot of unfrozen water around! I am longing for mud season!

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
Humbug, indeed!!! I love to feed the birds, but I am not sure I would be that devoted! My feeders are on a second story deck, so I just keep that shoveled off. I have a heated bird bath, which all the birds have enjoyed this year. Not a lot of unfrozen water around! I am longing for mud season!
Al Capp, the cartoonist, created a fictional land in his Lil Abner cartoon strip called Lower Slobbovia where the people lived year round up to their butts in snow. Been there, done that..:lol:

sloboviastrip.gif

Latest posts