Just ordered my weeping mulberry!

Bettacreek

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm super excited. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting to order my weeping mulberry. I was waiting to see if a local supplier could order one in for me. Only one (out of 3-4) contacted me back, and they kept in contact with me, but their suppliers had all stopped supplying the weeping mulberries. Apparantly, it's invasive, because anything that touches the ground roots and starts another! So, I will have to be diligent with it, so that my yard doesn't turn into a weeping mulberry farm, lol. Anyways, I finally got my bank card (lost my other one) today, so I put in my order, and it should be shipped 4/4!!! I can't wait! I'll be back here for help once it arrives, I'm sure. :)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ooooh... new trees are so exciting!!! Especially when they are something ornamental. I remembered my excitement over my first crepe myrtle :love I love adding trees to the landscape. :thumbsup

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! :ya

Bettacreek

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
This tree is so much more than just ornamental to me. :D I plan to use the leaves to make silkworm mash, plus eat the mulberries and make jams and such out of them. :) I did pick weeping for the ornamental part though, I just love the way it looks!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
This tree is so much more than just ornamental to me. :D I plan to use the leaves to make silkworm mash, plus eat the mulberries and make jams and such out of them. :) I did pick weeping for the ornamental part though, I just love the way it looks!
That's more or less what I meant... you have plenty of choices, but its nice to get the one that you want AND pleasing to the eye.

Sylvie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I had a Weeping Mulberry for 25 years, which came with the property.
I kept it trimmed 6" from the ground. It was never invasive, even in years I neglected to trim, which was for mowing purposes. The invasive remark really puzzles me.
There must have been a nurseryman who was selling them at some point because every old homestead has them here in NE Ohio. I assume they are grafted to a trunk. In all that I see, they are long lived, productive and non invasive.

I'd love to get another for this house-who is your supplier?

Latest posts