Just some pictures

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sunflower with my "Pintrest door"

4898_herbs_025.jpg

I have no idea what kind of spider this is, but I thought it was pretty.

4898_herbs_024.jpg

4898_herbs_022.jpg

4898_herbs_020.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wonderful! Very pretty zinnias. I forgot to plant mine this year... probably just as well. With the drought we have had they probably would have dried up and blown away! Love your pinterest door!

strantor

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
That's what I always heard called a "banana spider." Creepy things. They will start playing trampoline in their web if you get too close. Like some kind of threat that they're about to spring out of the web and onto your neck if you get any closer.

strantor

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
GAAAH! pleh! you've got me watching spiders on youtube. I hate spiders! makes my skin crawl but I keep watching, why?! man, there's got to be something wrong with me....

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
She's called a Writing Spider around here, because of the zigzag pattern in the center of her web. They eat lots of mosquitoes and flies, so we leave them be. Whenever my kids see one they start looking for the big, white, round egg pouch they produce. We also leave those be, so that we have lots of spiders the next year.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oooh... your Zinnia are gorgeous! :D

We have one of those spiders on the side of the house, he's gotten HUGE! He doesn't bug us, we don't bug him and I think he's gorgeous :) My neighbor told me its a common harmless garden spider, or writing spider like Mama said. I HATE spiders, but they do a good job in the garden and they're welcome here.

Latest posts