And, it happened here .

. in relative safety!

digitS'
______
1sm078eek.gif

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
here at the house there is 2 sets of knives, everyday use and then there is my set...
the everyday knifes are henckel for the homeowner..good quality but does not hold a edge very long
then there is my set which consists of both henckel and wusthof all culinary grade knifes and hold a edge.
both sets of knives when needing sharpening do not go through the same process.

the everydays even tho made by henckel are made from a cheaper grade of steel and needs to be first depending on their abuse will go to the tripe stone
mainly they first go the medium stone and then fine, there are times the course stone has to be used.

for my set is henckel and wusthof which is collection of 15 knifes, all these are from my previous life as a chef and all in a folding knife case. some are over 32 years old.
most of these when needed only need to see the fine stone...
once all the knives are done with the fine stone they all see the ceramic steel to get that rough bur off and then a gentle past with a ultra fine diamond hone.

trust me they are all razor sharp when i get done. dw and i have been together for 15 years and we share everything, but there are 2 rules "never touch my knifes"
and always hand wash knifes never put in the washer.

and never take your knifes to be sharpened to a person that says" we sharpen knifes" that's specializes in sharpening saw blades, oh the humanity in the destruction of a
wonderful knife, still have that knife.

needless to say keep your knuckles and fingertips clear of that edge it has no mercy......

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I save bread wrappers. :love I find them the ideal size for mailing cuttings and plants to other gardening friends. I threw away the last two wrappers because I figure I now have enough for a long time of shipping. Mine are twisted and tied so they take little space (and do fall down from the highest cupboard once in a while).:gig

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major', I'm going to tease you just a little bit. First of all, because we all realize you know what you are talking about. Secondly, because I've got this mean streak:

I honed that knife so sharp that when I took it out of its scabbard, the knife's shadow alone cut 2 table legs in half and brought down a blade of the ceiling fan; all before I could reach the switch and turn the light off!

Steve

;)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My parents grew up in the depression too, and I have heard the story about getting just an orange for Christmas many times. My mom also tells the story about her little sister crawling under the bed and finding a stale biscuit, then all the other kids fighting her for it. A far cry from my grandkids' lives, with Netflix and cell phones.

edited for spelling

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major', I'm going to tease you just a little bit. First of all, because we all realize you know what you are talking about. Secondly, because I've got this mean streak:

I honed that knife so sharp that when I took it out of its scabbard, the knife's shadow alone cut 2 table legs in half and brought down a blade of the ceiling fan; all before I could reach the switch and turn the light off!

Steve

;)
That's what I like about you, your sense of humor is always on the cutting edge :lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts