Know Your Milk!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm happy to see my organic milk comes from High Point NC.... keeping it local for my customers. ;)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
The "where's my milk from" thing is cool, so I bookmarked it. You can enter other dairy products too!

freemotion

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
This is frightening: "Unopened ultrapasteurized milk in sterile (aseptic) packaging can last several months unrefrigerated..."

This is why my milk comes from my goats! Raw, whole, and healthy.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yeah Thanks vfem! ;) for posting this, its nice to see where your milk comes from. I was going to put the code of the milk i have in my fridge but for some reason I don't see a code, maybe try a different brand. I bet organic milk is much tastier and healthier than regular milk. The diet definitely has something to do with it.

Bubblingbrooks

Leafing Out
Reaction score
No code to track our milk here :lol:
I coordinate a co-op that takes turns picking it up from a local farm!
And we now have goats!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well my didn't make sense. I have a gallon and a quart container, both the same organic milk. The label says processed in northern California but one comes up with a southern california location and the other comes up in Arizona. :/

Mary

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
freemotion said:
This is frightening: "Unopened ultrapasteurized milk in sterile (aseptic) packaging can last several months unrefrigerated..."

This is why my milk comes from my goats! Raw, whole, and healthy.
Mine too! :D I just "love" that ultra pasteurization gives it a longer shelf life before going "sour"...in a test I did, the ultra-pasteurized didn't ever sour...it went chunky and rotten at a couple of days on the counter. My raw milk after 3 and a half days on the kitchen counter was just mildly sour and still acceptable, it was rather like mild buttermilk.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
hmmm, I tried our Trader Joe's milk, but non of the codes were able to be found in that system. Oh well... would have been nice to see where it came from.

I do know exactly from where my raw goat milk comes.

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have trouble digesting cow's milk..So bought ultra-pasteurized goats milk to try last year, thought it was pretty good until, and after 3 days in the fridge it turned thicker with chunks..Had a stronger taste..Yuck! Plus it was expensive to boot...I dont understand why they claim it lasts fresh several months..So...
Last June , we went out to the Amish farm, and we bought us a milking goat who had tripletts...Big difference in the milk..I love fresh raw unpasteurized goats milk.. I make yogurt and ice-cream from it also..yummy!