Landscaper Left Many Unidentified Plants

RoboticsProfessor

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Had a large, beautiful waterfall put in on a 45 degree hill in my back yard.
Landscaper also planted about 8 or 10 different plants, but lost the list. He may find the list, or be able to tell me next week, but he is pretty flakey, so I'll presume I'm on my own.

Several have distinctive flowers, some just (to me) green plants.
He says they are all good for this zone. (Sunset 23, USDA 10B) West side of Cowles Mountain, near Grossmont College, San Diego.

I'll take photos. Should/Could I post them here or take the photos to a nursery, or what?

Sincerely,

Zero experience gardening, but about to retire, so I want to learn how to care for these. (Grin)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Give us a try! If we can not identify them for you, then go to the nursery with them. :welcome

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i think you will have to get a few posts under your belt before you can put pics in. but i do suggest posting pics on here when you are able to! we can do a lot to help you out!

i have been doing ponds and water gardening over 15 years so i might be able to help you identify some of your plants. there are a few good plant websites to help you out too. Lillyponds.com is a nice one and i've used them many times over the years for getting some plants i can't get from bigger suppliers. Tricker.com and http://texaswaterlilies.com/ are a couple nice sites too.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've always wanted a water garden but somehow never got around to it. Good luck with yours.

RoboticsProfessor

Leafing Out
Reaction score
To: Chickie'sMomaInNH
I just finished taking many "after" photos of the waterfall, pond and landscaping, so with a few pictures of the individual plants, I'll be ready to give you a visual.
Landscaper put two lillies and two green, large leaf plants in the pond area, so I'll get to learn about both land and water plants in and around the pond and waterfall.
I've been posting on many forums for some time, so shouldn't have a problem with photos and posting them.