Larissa's Russian Beauty

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
  • It's a long way into harvest season before I manage to get any tomatoes out of the garden intact. I can share, but only after my own 'fix' is in. 'Sides, like the little red hen, I do all the work so I get the first enjoyment when possible. D-I-L just might get an early share. I think she'll appreciate an early taste more than the rest of 'em.
I can still remember a summer or 2 ago. I set my 3 grandsons out to help me find the first tomato of the summer. I always claim it as my own. The tomatoes are always like a jungle so they are hard to find when there are just a few. The oldest yelled,"I found one!" Having been bent over, he stood up straight biting into my first large tomato with the juiced dripping down his chin.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have very tiny sprouts. Our seeds are rated by how many days they take from seeding to ripe fruit. The earliest ratings for ripe tomatoes are around 80 days. Longer ratings are around 100 days. Do you know the ratings for this one?

This tomato grows as an early grade in my climate. Now it's sprouted, but I can put it in the greenhouse in late May or early June. By this time the plant will be large. This is a strong plant . Any pot will be small for them.

A tight pot provokes early Flowers formation, so I often plant a plant with flowers and small fruits. In July, I will start harvesting the first fruits.
This sort does not sick, even when the night gets cold in August. This is an "iron" grade.

It gives new fruit constantly. Sometimes I can accidentally break off a branch. Then I simply stick it into the ground without roots, and it continues to bloom and give tomatoes.

I like this sweet tomato taste.

Achtung! The same variety can vary in different conditions!

IMG_9144.JPG

IMG_9141.JPG
IMG_9208.JPG
IMG_9142.JPG
IMG_9143 - копия.JPG

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
This tomato grows as an early grade in my climate. Now it's sprouted, but I can put it in the greenhouse in late May or early June. By this time the plant will be large. This is a strong plant . Any pot will be small for them.

A tight pot provokes early Flowers formation, so I often plant a plant with flowers and small fruits. In July, I will start harvesting the first fruits.
This sort does not sick, even when the night gets cold in August. This is an "iron" grade.

It gives new fruit constantly. Sometimes I can accidentally break off a branch. Then I simply stick it into the ground without roots, and it continues to bloom and give tomatoes.

I like this sweet tomato taste.

Achtung! The same variety can vary in different conditions!

View attachment 18889

View attachment 18884 View attachment 18885 View attachment 18886 View attachment 18888
Beautiful photos!

Latest posts