Larissa's Russian Beauty

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been talking about your tomato after seeing Cat's picture of your Russian Beauty with a tomato growing friend in England. I just had to tease him a little, if Cat sends me a dozen or so I'll share with him. Bonds formed between gardeners are strong and always will be, no matter what.

Annette
Just message me your address. They should dry pretty quickly. I have been told that you can hide the seed in a tightly tied bow when sending out of the country.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just message me your address. They should dry pretty quickly. I have been told that you can hide the seed in a tightly tied bow when sending out of the country.
Did you not get my address, I did send it. I have no trouble sending seeds to England have done so many times, I think they have regs on how much seed or how many pkts. one can send at any given time but no problem from Canada, I don't know about other countries.

Annette

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did you not get my address, I did send it. I have no trouble sending seeds to England have done so many times, I think they have regs on how much seed or how many pkts. one can send at any given time but no problem from Canada, I don't know about other countries.

Annette
Yep. Drying seeds as we speak.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been talking about your tomato after seeing Cat's picture of your Russian Beauty with a tomato growing friend in England. I just had to tease him a little, if Cat sends me a dozen or so I'll share with him. Bonds formed between gardeners are strong and always will be, no matter what.

Annette
Fun!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have bought plants back from England. Was told plants ok soil no, so barerooted all night before leaving.
Only you! When was this? I wonder if they have gotten more stringent. If you send daylilies they have to have an inspection and sit in customs until they are all but dead.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A little off topic but back a few years I brought in a couple of dozen varieties of perennial asters (Michaelmas daisies) from England. The only way they were allowed in was as bare root cuttings (little sections of dormant root) any soil is an absolute no-no. Yes import permit, phyto the whole bit. In the end it worked out the cost was double the price of each variety I ordered. The first order was a disaster, some day when I should write about this little saga in Random Ramblings, the replacement order after much hair pulling on both sides of the pond came through with flying colors. What we gardeners will do when that elusive variety you've been lusting after is within reach.

Annette

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Annette reading this I was thinking no one loves to share more then a gardener
They are serious too. Whenever I post a free plant on my gardening site, it's gone in minutes! Post other stuff on the Garage sale site, and it takes days before someone can pick up or else you get flakes that don't show up. Definitely prefer the Gardening site.

Mary

Latest posts