Lavender

misfitmorgan

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have found lavender to be impossible to keep over the winter here. Even the hardier types. But if I could grow it, I sure would because I love the plant. I bought some herbs de Provence when I was out in Oregon a couple years ago, from a lavender grower. I tried using it on something--grilled chicken, maybe. I didn't really care for the taste. I'd rather just smell it.
Thats really odd, many people here grow lavender but it may just be one of those things. My mom tried on and off for 30yrs to grow dill and never could even though others had no problem. Her neighbor used to laugh at her because she couldnt grow a weed, in a good natured way.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thats really odd, many people here grow lavender but it may just be one of those things. My mom tried on and off for 30yrs to grow dill and never could even though others had no problem. Her neighbor used to laugh at her because she couldnt grow a weed, in a good natured way.
This reminded me of my neighbor who couldn't grow radishes.

Mary

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
This reminded me of my neighbor who couldn't grow radishes.

Mary

that would take some doing... no light at all, no dirt, no water, perhaps the dog kept laying on them or ... not sure without being there to see what was going on. they never tried diakon radishes? these are like super radishes.

Latest posts