Le Jardin du Gourment? aka Artistic Gardens

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered from here before? I don't remember where I heard of them, but they apparently only have an online catalog, no print catalog. Packets of seeds are only 35 cents or a dollar, but the 35 cent packets have very few seeds....enough to try something new, enough for me. They have a nice variety of stuff that isn't also in every other catalog out there, just wondering if anyone has personal experience with them.

https://www.artisticgardens.com/catalog/

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Since the price was so low, I went ahead and did a trial order. For $13.05 plus $3.50 for shipping I got:

Coriander/cilantro Barbenantane eggplant
Florence fennel Viroflay spinach
Green Mountain Broccoli Cantalun melon
Chantenay carrots Vedrantais melon
Danvers half long carrots Yellow leeks
Snowball cauliflower Marmande tomato
Burpless cucumber Florence red onion
Sugar Pie pumpkin Broccoli romanesco
Bloomsdale savoy spinach Anaheim chili pepper
Sugar Baby watermelon Mixed radishes (12 kinds)
Patio tomato Hale's Best melon
Red bean Butternut squash
Poi Serpette pea Ebony acorn squash
Little Marvel pea Shallots

I got the 35 cent packs of everything except the last five on the right. I got the dollar packets of those, which seem to have about the same amount of seeds as the Ferry Morris that I see at Home Depot. The small, sampler packets mostly have 10-25 seeds, except the carrots have 100 and the eggplant only 5. The seed packets are generic, all the same except for the stick-on label that has the variety, number of seeds, etc. They're all packed for 2010. The accompanying 18 page black and white catalog has growing info, tho that is brief.
I ordered on Jan 5, they shipped on Jan 12 and I got the order (cross-country) on Jan 16.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow... those seem like really good deals for the small time gardener trying to find their place in the garden. I only have a small garden myself... this looks like a great place.

Let us know when everything comes and what you think of the experience.

Latest posts