Leaf footed & Stink bugs on Tomatoes

jamespm_98

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Does any southern gardeners have any good tips for organic control of stink bugs and leaf footed bugs this time of year. In late July and August I always get infested with these bugs on my tomatoes, they ruin the fruit and the leaf footed bugs always fly in my face, which I hate. I am tempted to buy some guinea fowl to see if it helps.

I don't know what to do as it seems that after July my tomatoes are basically done due to pest. I have 4 late tomato plants, but at this point I will just be feeding the bugs.

kichohana

Sprout
Reaction score
Oh I feel your pain! I"m also in zone 7, North Carolina. This year was horrible for me as I lost all my zuchinni and cucumber plants, and my tomatoes are infested! :barnie

I can't possibly remove them all by hand, and I have yet to find a product I'm comfortable using to annihilate the little buggers!

Anyone out there have a suggestion? :idunno

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sorry this went unanswered! :/

I'm in NC as well and the stink bugs STUNK this year on my maters. They always get them when they're green and you don't see the damage until everything starts to ripen.

I really did pick them all off by hand this year. It was a pain to control. I planted marigolds, dusted DE and sprayed with Neem oil for other forms of control... none of which took care of the stink bugs. They did finally all move and seem to heavily infest 2 tomato plants and left the others alone after awhile. Don't know why, but I still had to hand pick those until I ripped those plants out last week! :/

Sorry

Latest posts