leashed cat chasing butterflies 1; trellised snap peas 0, grrr

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This new cat we've got... I started walking him a coupla times a day to pep him up and get him eating again (it worked) (we're right on a very busy very FAST road, outdoor cats do not live long around here). He is one of the better leash-walking cats I've had over the years, in general.

However, let me just say, do NOT walk your cat near the trellised snap peas when there is a butterfly around.

He wove himself around and around, through the peavines, and then pulled the leash tight and broke nearly all the vines off at ground level.

His name is *already* "Mo, You Butthead", so, nowhere further to go in that direction... but, man :p

Pat, having one big last-hurrah snap-pea stirfry for dinner tonight, I guess. Grrrr.

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well bless his little pea pickin' heart. That's one way of pulling out the "old" pea vines...you've got a natural born gardening cat there pat. Leaves the roots to help put a little nitrogen back. :lol:

I sympathize with you. I liken cats to perpetual two year olds with the acrobatic ability of a world class gymnast...except when they make a mistake. Then I have to get out the broom and dustpan and sweep up whatever is broken this time. His nickname is Clumsy because he has to be the least graceful cat I have ever seen sometimes.

Latest posts