Lets get it right this time!

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks! :D

I also have many 4 inch across, 4-6 inch deep containers. What would be something I could plant from seed in those?

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have two cucumber seedlings! When they get their first true leaves I'm going to get some organic fertilizer/compost to add to the soil. Should I just spread it on top of the soil or mix it in?

I also just got a small lemon balm plant that I will be putting in one of those pots. I think I'm going to put herbs in those. I might get cilantro, rosemary, and mint.

mistyfeather

Sprout
Reaction score
small pots :you can do short carrots(4-8), mesclin mixes (cut and come again lettuces) radishes(8-10) , beets(4-8) , straw berries(1-2) , one swiss chard
medeum pot: mesclin, spinach, beets, carrots, turnips, radish, strawberries, one cuke , one sumer squash or one zuccini
large pot:corn (depending on diameter 4-8) you can combine one tomato (on a trellis or buy a patio tomato)one cucumber (i just let mine flow over one side of the pot) one section of the pot for a mesclin mix (will keep weeds from sprouting in your pot) a few carrots and a few radishes (i call this my salad pot :D)
water daily , you can use diluted compost tea on it every day when you water

Latest posts