Life changed forever

Reaction score
A few years ago we began to realize how bad we were eating and how much it was effecting our health. It had to change.

This change drove us out into our own yard where we are continueing to build a VERY SMALL URBAN HOMESTEAD/FARM. WE contiue to add more and more raised beds, a greenhouse, vertical growing, a flock of chickens. we are completely organic and GMO free! It is wonderful and it has change our lives.

We look forward to helping as many people as possible do the same!

The Dodson's
Homegrown and Happiness (on Facebook)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, that's wonderful. I can't wait to hear about your journey.
I missed your first post, so :welcome !!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! You will find many like minded individuals here! Nothing like growing your own food! I am in the middle of a city, next to a highway- with bees, chickens, greenhouse and growing most of our own food. Where there is a will, there is a way! Happy Gardening!

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Welcome Dodsons! It sounds like you are very happy with your choices and I don't think you have to convince any of us. I think we all feel the same way. Still it is nice to hear the successes... What are some of the benefits that you have seen to your health after jumping in?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to our group. It's always nice to hear from more experienced people than me! :) There is so much to learn. Keep posting and sharing your garden experience.

Mary

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Congrats on your adventure decision AND.....you have found the BEST gardening forum on the w.w.w., bar NONE. Just went to your facebook page and "liked" it with "get notifications"......VERY impressive. Looking forward to your experiences and input, both, there and here.

Poppyseed

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I'm pretty new to growing my own food, started off with things like carrots, potatoes, peppers etc after we also realized how unhealthy our diet was, we were eating a lot of convenience foods. We were spending a lot too.
We've saved so much money since changing our diet and we all have much more energy too. The kids are very involved in growing stuff too, they're much more likely to eat fruit and veg if they've had a part in growing it. I think people are put off because they don't realize how easy it is.