Llama/Alpaca poo

LlamaBeans

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experiance with Llama/Alpaca beans? I have 7 (Soon to be 8) makers of it and I wondered what you did before you used it. Thanks

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
LlamaBeans said:
Does anyone have any experiance with Llama/Alpaca beans? I have 7 (Soon to be 8) makers of it and I wondered what you did before you used it. Thanks
I would put it into a compost pile add dead leaves from the fall and grass clipppings and kitchen waste and let it do it's thing...It should be just as good as any other composted manure...if you need a break down of nkp you could ask your extention service.

LlamaBeans

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I did some non-TEG searching and I found this

Animal Manure Comparison
Animal % N Nitrogen % P Phosphorus % K Potassium
Llama 1.7 0.69 0.66
Chicken 1.0 0.8 0.4
Horse 0.7 0.25 0.55
Sheep 0.95 0.35 1.0
Cow 0.6 0.15 0.45
Pig 0.5 0.35 0.4

here

It says that it takes just over a month to compost! I will believe it when I see it! But according this it has the highest amounts of N and P and the second highest amount of K! I wonder how accurite(sp?) this is?

TexanTrail

Sprout
Reaction score
I've had my llama manure analyzed. It had an NPK rating an average of 1.5-.8-.7 This rating came back from Texas A&M University. I've also had it analyzed by the Texas Plant and Soil Lab in Edinburg, TX. http://www.tpsl.biz They test the availability of the nutients to the plants. They stated it is beneficially high in calcium, magnesium, nitrate & phosphate. Salts are a little high for germination and seedlings with direct applications, but mixed with the soil at about 1:4, maybe a little less, shouldn't be any problems. Also it is mostly organic material which improves water holding capacity and increases cation exchange capacity.

These samples were staight, non-composted llama manure.

Virtually, no odor so great for house plants or indoor gardens.

Also, if anyone is interested, I have some naturally air dried, cleaned and sifted manure available, free from rock, sticks, grass and other non-poo materials. Available in either whole "beans" or ground up.

Thanks,
David