Looking at Old Photos of My Front Yard

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
While looking for an old photo to show someone, I ran across this old photo of the front yard of my house from 2005.
FrontYardJan2005.jpg

And then this one of my beginning of removing the lawn, putting in a pathway and just having garden beds.

BeginningofWalkway2007.jpg

Putting in flagstone April 2007
FlagstonewalkwayApril07email.jpg

Here it is 5 months later, the dichondra has filled in between the flagstones, and I grew a Sunflower arch covered with Morning Glories that year.

Sept302007Archemail.jpg

and the other day I posted what it looks like now...
82810Afternoonarchemail.jpg

It sure has changed over the past five years.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You live in the dessert and you have such a way with Morning Glories. I live inland just a wee bit off the coast between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara and I have been trying all year to grow, the Blue Morning Glories, Scarlett OHaras, and Moon Flowers. :fl

I have one Moon Flower at the back of my garden that is struggling up the wall. I talk to it day and night. :hit Oops! Maybe that is the problem. :bee

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I just love the walkway. It always looks great. ;) What did you do with the flagstone? Did it go to the church with the Dichondra? And the arch is almost covered!!!! Whoo hooo!!!!!

:thumbsup

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
LadyHawke, You must be in Ventura, Camarillo, or Carpenteria. I went to UCSB and loved loved it there. I also have cousins in Camarillo. How lucky you are to live in such a gorgeous climate!

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I just love the walkway. It always looks great. ;) What did you do with the flagstone? Did it go to the church with the Dichondra? And the arch is almost covered!!!! Whoo hooo!!!!!

:thumbsup
Most of the flagstone from the walk was moved to the backyard under my clotheslines, and in the back garden area.

The walk at the Congregation was put in by a stone mason in the congregation. He gives me flagstone for free for my projects. He always has scraps lying around from different jobs. His wife is happy to get rid of them.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's quite an oasis now. That's neat you have the before and after (and during) photos to show your progress. Amazing what a little ol' elbow-grease can accomplish! It looks so nice and lush. Bye bye boring old lawn! :cool:

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pics of your front yard- are always a favorite of mine!! The before and after is quite striking! I started gardening here about 4 years ago and when I think about it the changes, it really surprises me. The other day a delivery man said he fully expects to pull up here and not be able to see the house anymore! Nature is so cool!

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
obsessed said:
LadyHawke, You must be in Ventura, Camarillo, or Carpenteria. I went to UCSB and loved loved it there. I also have cousins in Camarillo. How lucky you are to live in such a gorgeous climate!
Yep! :cool:

yubafarm

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I LOVE the arch and all of the flowers! Here is my front yard renovation, small and still in progress, but I love coming home to it.

8078_house.jpg

8078_house_front.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, yes- a lovely looking front yard! Anyone who thinks landscaping doesn't make a difference, needs to look at both those houses! Very nice job, Yuba.