Looking for a low profile planter caddy

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hey, getting ready to setup my grow tent for all my basement winter growing. Got a new Gorilla Grow 5x5 so I'm finally able to setup a flood table (2x4 white) to place plants in instead of single trays under all my plants. I want to elevate the table and setup automated drip watering and drain the table to a 5gal bucket for a "drain to waste" system. Instead of having to drag a bucket out from the table every so often I'd like to put the bucket on a wheeled caddy, however, I don't want that caddy to add another 3 inches to the height of the bucket, thus causing me to raise the table by 3 inches.

So, anyone have a low profile wheeled caddy they suggest? I don't care if the wheels sit way out to the side so the bucket can be LOW to the ground, just dont want something that adds too much height to the bucket.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sprig', you are too high tech to have to worry about a ..

. bucket ;).

Search for a "pail dolly" or a "bucket dolly" instead of a caddy. We have a plastic job from Target, I believe, but it's more suitable for a large potted plant than moving water. It's right at 3".

Steve

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sprig', you are too high tech to have to worry about a ..

. bucket ;).

Search for a "pail dolly" or a "bucket dolly" instead of a caddy. We have a plastic job from Target, I believe, but it's more suitable for a large potted plant than moving water. It's right at 3".

Steve

I saw some of those when poking around and thought too many had the bottom of the bucket sitting above the tops of the wheels. I was hoping to find one where the bucket sat below the wheels somewhat.

Bucket Dolly Inc seems to have one but no pictures show a complete profile view

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last year, I bought a couple caddies for our LARGE house plants from Home Depot nursery departmanet... made out of plastic with 4 coasters that the top stands 2 inches from floor to top of it's lip and it's inside floor diameter is 12". It also catches draining water from the flower pot from it's drain hole.