Looking for asparagus, potatoes, onions online

TwinCitiesPanda

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I’m looking to purchase some asparagus crowns, seed potatoes, and onion sets. Does anyone have a good online source for these? I’ve only purchased seeds online so far.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
TwinCityPanda,

I have only purchased from Irish Eyes Garden Seeds once or twice, I believe. They have a limited selection of asparagus and onions.

What they sell lots of are potatoes. Their offerings are very attractive.

I was happy with what I ordered from Irish Eyes.

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
IF you can buy desired varieties of potatoes at store, I’d go that way. Cheaper.
Asparagus can be bought online easily for $1/plant. Sorry, I bought mine from m Michigan Bulb when it was Michigan Bulb-they sold nursery extras. That was decades ago. Need to buy fresh starts myself-thinking of an all male variety.
Onions, never had any luck with sets. Always bought starts from nurseries. This year, will plant Candy Onions seeds from Parks assuming they get here.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i could have mailed you thousands of onion seeds to work with not too long ago, but i composted them... :( they were a mix of white, yellow and red and various shades in between. i'm not sure what i'll be growing this year as it depends upon what the greenhouse carries, if they have some old sets there to plant i'll pick up some of the larger ones to see if i can get them to flower.

i may have a few giant sweet onions returning from last year for flowers so i will harvest those seeds to use for sure.

Latest posts