Looking for Hops

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ahhh. You must be a home brewer! I haven't brewed in a while, but I did look into hops at one time. You don't need a lot of them, but you do need to make sure you like the variety you choose. They like to be quite moist, but not to have too wet of feet.

There are commercial growers on the Net who will sell them to you. The Google search term would be "Hop Rhizomes" to narrow out general brewing discussions. Be sure that you're getting female rhizomes.

silkieboxerluv

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Someone on craigslist right now has them-Ann Arbor Michigan.:) Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for.

freshfood

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My DH homebrews, too, and some of the kits he wants to buy are not made at present because of the amount of hops they require - the price of hops has skyrocketed lately. :(

Anyway, hops used to be grown in my area, so I know they would do well, but do they tend to get out of control, or do they more or less stay put? I know they're a vine kind of plant, do they need something to climb on? I've been thinking of getting some if the DH wants to experiment!:tools

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score

Latest posts