Looking for Row Covers?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I guess its a bad time of year to look... but I want some row covers, or some fine mesh netting to make my own row covers. I want to protect my cabbage and broccoli starts. I have tried Lowe's, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Walmart and the local nursery to no luck!

Any suggests on where to get some, and what I should expect to pay?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
Good question. I have been considering them for my cabbages for next spring.
I always loose mine to cabbage moths... every season without fail! I'm so sick of it, this is my last resort before I have to decide to use BT or not.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
I guess its a bad time of year to look... but I want some row covers, or some fine mesh netting to make my own row covers. I want to protect my cabbage and broccoli starts. I have tried Lowe's, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Walmart and the local nursery to no luck!

Any suggests on where to get some, and what I should expect to pay?
:frow

Hi there,
Here's a useful link for you novices with row-covers......I have been using it for over 10 years over here in the UK, where it is readily availiable at every garden centre & online (much cheaper & in many widths). This blogger lists a lot of advice & a list of suppliers in the US.

http://whizbangrowcover.blogspot.com/2010/01/all-about-row-cover-fabric.html

Good luck!

*****PS. Tulle or netting is NOT a good sustitute as I have tested this year.
See post #6 http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=29472 for info on my little experiment......!!

:) Hattie :)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you Hattie, I am going to order from Territorial seed I do think. I don't know why that never came up in any of my searches :( I don't want to waste money if something is not going to work.

I WILL HAVE CABBAGE IF IT KILLS ME!!! :D