Lost them all!!!

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
This may not be about gardening BUT, we lost our whole litter of meat rabbits GRRRR!! Not sure what went wrong Our Cali doe was acting strange for about the last week before she kindled, Not eating or drinking much. Just thought she was to ful of kitts but it must have been something more. She is one of our most experianced mothers too, She didnt even kindle in the nest box just on the wire. She is still not acting right, I may have to cul her Darn it .

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I am sorry to hear it. Very disappointing, I am sure. Nature just doesn't work with us, on some of our plans! Do you have other females?
I always mean to mention that I love your tag line- it makes me giggle every time I read it!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bad news collector! Thats so discouraging. Were they born live? I wonder if she was having problems because they expired before birth.
Sorry. :(

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
She still is not doing very well think we will give her a couple more days to show improvement or I will have to cul her.
Lesa, yes it is a disappointment she has been a good rabbit for the last year or so. We do have other does, but not meat breeds just mini rexes and lops. I got that sig line by googling cowboy quotes, it made me laugh also that's why I used it.
Thistlebloom, I think that they were born dead, they were a day early and not as big as she usually has. Also she did not pull any hair and her milk never came in, so there were more problems than I thought there was. Whether she pulls out of this or not she will not be bred again

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistlebloom or digitS, do you know where to get some Cali whites or NZs I was already in the market for 2 new does before this happened anyhow. I am going to have to up the top dollar I will pay for them, cause I have passed on a bunch of really nice does. They were more than the set price I had in mind, so I did not bite. Maybe I will be able to find the number to the guy I was dealing with in Airway Heights, and just pay him what he was asking LOL.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you tried CL lately collector? I saw some on there recently, I think they were in Spokane. It was one of those days just last week. Sorry I don't remember exactly. In the farm and garden section.

p.s. I'm new on the BYH and it's good"seeing" a familiar face!

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes I check CL daily, I'm a regular junkie. I did see those calis on CL last week they were like 13 wks old so I did not call on them. Abot 3/4 wks ago there was an add for prego does calis and NZs, I called on them but I thought his price was a tad high, plus we had 4 prego does at the time so thought it would be to much to handle. I am going to try to find his number on my cell and see if he has anymore. I was glad to see you on BYH also. I don't hang out there to much though just check it once or twice a week.

Latest posts