majors 2016 garden..

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We finally got some snow. Yay! More tonight I think...tomorrow may be a big kicksled day! :ya

Got to use the snowblower today, it hasn't run the last 2 years and dh finally got it taken care of. My yard is now a maze of snowblower paths, haha. :lol: I love that piece of equipment.

I was thinking what a good thing it is I don't work in the winter or have gardens to take care of. As it is it's a multi-hour responsibility taking care of all the winter time chores when dh is working and it's just me.
But I like the change of pace the seasons bring.

Sorry it's just the same-old same-old every day for you Major. :hugs tee hee smiley.gif

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
We finally got some snow. Yay! More tonight I think...tomorrow may be a big kicksled day! :ya

Got to use the snowblower today, it hasn't run the last 2 years and dh finally got it taken care of. My yard is now a maze of snowblower paths, haha. :lol: I love that piece of equipment.

I was thinking what a good thing it is I don't work in the winter or have gardens to take care of. As it is it's a multi-hour responsibility taking care of all the winter time chores when dh is working and it's just me.
But I like the change of pace the seasons bring.

Sorry it's just the same-old same-old every day for you Major. :hugsView attachment 17668

just so know sugar, fired up mister heater out in the barn, used the planner, table saw and sander. making a small shelf for a camera in the conference room at work.
went to glue it up, dried up. checked the golden oak stain dried up. hum guess it's been a while since i built anything.

so yes had 45 minutes of breaking up my boring routine.. :plbb oh and took a walk with the girls..
HUNT0003.JPG
HUNT0004.JPG

no snow blower needed

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got the kicksled out of the garage and one neighbor came down the road from the west in his side-by-side dragging his 3 year old son on a tube, and another neighbor came from the east side dragging her four kids behind the 4wheeler on sleds. We converged on the road. Lots of laughing.

DH got his 4wheeler and dragged me on my 'sled around the neighborhood with the others. Lots more laughing.
Since DH has never ridden on the kicksled behind the 4wheeler he was taking the corners a bit fast, I did okay staying upright until we got back to the turn into the driveway when I had to bail. Did not laugh. Haha.

So I unhooked from the quad and got myself a workout.

Then I took Luke and the mini mule Huckleberry for a little walk to stretch their legs. Coming home I figured Huck would just follow Luke, so I wrapped his lead around his neck and kept walking.
I guess I forgot to factor the mule brain into that equation. He ambled down the neighbors driveway to visit her mares and would not come back. Had to bring Luke home and take the 4 wheeler and a bucket of goodies to retrieve him. The little puddin'head! :lol:

Oh sorry Major! That was a total hijack!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
12/17/16 update....
we have had numinous nights well below 20* lately .. at this point you yankees should stop looking at this.... if you dont it's on you....
this year purchased 6 mil plastic compared to 4 mil last year , they handled the chilly nights much better...
decided to do a grilled chicken and veggie dish... yes this one...

http://www.food.com/recipe/ginger-sesame-chicken-with-bok-choy-onion-and-mushrooms-354779
so walked over to the local produce aisle..

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

yes those are radishes..

as i have mentioned a time or two ....dang life is good below the 35th line... too all my good friends up above the arctic circle :frow:frow

winter gardening at it's best in stokesdale north carolina..

@digitS' i know you will appreciate a winter head of bok chio...
DSC_0015.JPG

Last edited:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well if I didn't have darn rats to contend with, I'd have some winter veggies too! :tongue Heck I probably wouldn't even need a cover.

Nice looking garden Major.

Mary

Last edited:

Latest posts