majors 2016 garden..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are those Marianna's Peace tomatoes?

Here's Tatiana's tomatobase - click.

One person's mid-season may be another's 85 day but I've been wanting to try them. They came free & the plants look good ... finally, some free seed that I actually wanted to grow!

Steve
sorry steve i miss spelled they are called "mariana" they are from johnny's seeds

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marianna tomato...had Kale once. Don't need to grow cardboard.

last year was the first time growing them, was trying to find a link from johnnys but they are not selling them this year. glad i stocked up on them..
but tomato growers supply sales them.
http://www.tomatogrowers.com/MARIANA-VFFNA-HYBRID/productinfo/5218/

they are a determinate plum type. very productive
DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

it's hard to compare a plum tomato to a beefsteak tomato... they make great bite size fried green tomatoes, perfect to cut up for a salad. excellent for making stewed tomatoes. for the taste..they taste like a tomato....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looking good and YUM, major! Marianna, huh? Those look like they deserve a try.

for a "determinate" tomato they produced all season. planted 15 last year and when we picked them was 3 5 gallon buckets at a time... we still have 4 cases of quart jars of stewed tomatoes from last year. this year planted only 9 ,going to loss one here soon.
but yes the mariana tomato is great. if you have a high rate of viruses and diseases...

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
today's pickings cherriette and white radishes
DSC_0004.JPG

the white radish "from burpee" ...ok taste very low in radish heat almost boring... be good grated on a salad.
the red radish "cherriette" from johnnys. great flavor, mild radish heat. perfect for those who do not like that hot spicy radish taste.

Latest posts