making teepees out of bamboo for English peas

herbsherbsflowers

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've got the bamboo to make the teepee trellises, but what do I tie them together with at the top? The only thing I can think of is old pantyhose cut into lengths.

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Anything that you want to use that'll last a season before disintegrating. Really, it doesn't matter in the slightest. Strips of old pantyhose are fine, as are any number of other things :)

Have fun,

Pat

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yeah what Pat said!

My husband stands by Duct Tape for EVERYTHING though... but I'm sure there are better things out there! ;)

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
vfem said:
Yeah what Pat said!

My husband stands by Duct Tape for EVERYTHING though... but I'm sure there are better things out there! ;)
MEN! My husbands whole outlook on life is: If it moves and it shouldn't use duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should use WD-40.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have a few of those teepees in the yard, I just used regular old garden twine. It blends it well with the bamboo and it holds up fine.
I take them down in the fall anyway so if you need to replace the twine in the spring its no big deal. I haven't had to yet though.
I wrapped mine around and under and over and all that until they held together but you can also drill holes through the bamboo and thread the twine through for more support.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
setter4 said:
vfem said:
Yeah what Pat said!

MEN! My husbands whole outlook on life is: If it moves and it shouldn't use duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should use WD-40.
:lol:

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
setter4 said:
vfem said:
Yeah what Pat said!

:yuckyuck

NurseNettie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
herbsherbsflowers said:
I've got the bamboo to make the teepee trellises, but what do I tie them together with at the top? The only thing I can think of is old pantyhose cut into lengths.
Where did you get your bamboo? I'd love to have some for teepees, but have no idea where to find it.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi there! I use Velcro. Here in the UK they now sell a narrow version in green, especially for gardens, but I've been using a slightly wider version (buff coloured) for years because I had a lot of it left over from a job. I find that it's better than anything else as it's so easy to adjust & at the end of the summer I wash it & put it away till the following year. I like the buff colour because you don't notice it against the canes.

Latest posts