Market or Truck Farming: Gardening to Sell Extras

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jared that's a great idea about using localharvest. I have the local co-op paper that lists all the local farmers and gardeners and what they offer. I'm sure I can find something there. Thanks for the tip!

I also think your idea for 'Eggz to sell frozen piecrusts is genius! I would buy piecrusts that way from a local vendor.
You're just an idea machine Jared! :)

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you! Sometimes the ideas just come in a flood. Once they get rolling I just let them flow then go back and reread it to be sure it doesn't look like I'm on some sort of vision quest. :D

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Good idea about local harvest. Will list with them.

At the hospital and didn't read some of these posts until just now. Good idea about bringing samples but, sigh, it's too late. Maybe next time when we come back for his surgery. Did bring some homemade rolls for his neuro doc because she mentioned that she loves bread. Thunk! Why it didn't occur to me to bring samples with cards, i don't know.

Will also try pie crusts in bread machine in a couple of weeks. Hubby and I came up with several ideas for tarts and crumbles that can be eaten cold or reheated in a microwave.

Can I sell pre-made goodies like those on Etsy or Ebay?

Here's my kid shortly after he got hooked up to the EEG monitoring machine. He doesn't know yet that 3 days of fasting starts tomorrow after 6 a.m. breakfast! He's already sleepy but not allowed to sleep until midnight and then for only 4 hours. Not sure how we're going to survive THAT! Good news is he had a seizure the second his neuro-doc walked in.

8465_ready.jpg

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just wondering--Is your son preparing to have the brain surgery that is supposed to stop the seizures? What miracles modern medicine can perform now! Sending good thoughts your way.......:thumbsup

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here are a couple of the grapevine wreaths my wife makes. She doesn't take pics of most of them because she sells them very quickly.

DSC00122_zps5c62c3de.jpg

scaled_zps3fcf1d78.jpg

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks for the good thoughts, all. Yes, to decide if brain surgery is the right option.But also to see if the tumor has grown or still small. Re the seizures, so far, 4-5 meds haven't really worked.

And the putz that I am, twisted my leg last night and was immobilized until mid-morning today. My husband came in with our crutches and ran me over to the (adult) hospital next door where the emergency room took xrays and probed and pronounced it severely sprained. Stay off it. For a long while. COME ON!!!!

Oh well.
:th

Re the pix: did your wife starch the "webs" she crocheted? That was a good idea, and I like the Christmas wreath.

Brought my seed catalogs and such. All set up to do some work whenever possible. If I can function with the percocet!

Oh, get this. The co-op that I joined that I thought was going to be a good source of customers ... they've decided no more pickups from dirt roads because it's ruining their pickup-guy's vehicle. I'll have to stay at the ready and drive to meet him at the closest paved road. It's only a 10 minute drive but that means less time from home, from the Kid and me just sitting around, especially since the pickup-guy has a pickup window of approximately 6 hours. NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

But, thanks to all of you, I have a good handle on how to do what we need to accomplish.