Mater Shortage

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This year's freeze in Mexico also damaged crops of cucumbers, bell peppers, zucchini, and green beans, causing shortages and higher prices for those items, as well.
I can grow all of these and tomatoes. I'll be sure to plant extra :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh no... how will we ever survive without imported produce?! :lol:

People are going to have to start learning the hard way... this may be a GREAT year to teach people to produce for themselves or start shopping locally over the grocery chains. :)

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
All the power to the gardener!!! ::thumbsup .
At least we're able to avoid these problems by taking the matter into our own hands. While everyone is paying more money for their tomatoes and other produce for that matter, us gardeners can enjoy all the fresh vegetables and more and not have to be affected by the shortage. And to think of all the kinds and varieties we can grow :D .
It's a great feeling to have that we'll been unaffected by this.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Funny. They can keep their tasteless, pale slicers. They don't add much to the sandwich anyway. LOL

I noticed the bell peppers were sky-high at the grocery store. I needed a red one to toss into my curried chicken salad, but decided to pass on that. :p

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to watch the increase in prices - see how high they actually get.

We'll be growing all that as usual. We'll only be affected by the increased price we have to charge at farmers markets. LOL

txhomegrown

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Kim_NC said:
It'll be interesting to watch the increase in prices - see how high they actually get.

We'll be growing all that as usual. We'll only be affected by the increased price we have to charge at farmers markets. LOL
Price gouging, that's the Amerikan way.(not misspelled):ya:thumbsup

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
txhomegrown said:
Kim_NC said:

Price gouging, that's the Amerikan way.(not misspelled):ya:thumbsup
Now that is FUNNY....:D

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
LOL

It's hardly gouging. We charge what the market bears, and less than the majority of other local, organic growers in our area.

Anyway, enjoyed your humor.

Latest posts