Merry Christmas TEG Members - and Lurkers!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Merry Christmas, everyone! Hope you have a wonderful day! We had a huge melting last weekend and it looked like a green Christmas- but, last night we got about an inch- so a white Christmas was delivered! Enjoy

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had a Christmas Miracle this morning!:celebrate
I went out to feed the chickens and found 3 eggs from Dovie in the nest box! She has been laying for at least 3 days, and I hadn't even checked the nests, as I have been accustomed to getting none. I know they are from her, as they are blue, and the other Easter egger lays lighter blue, and her comb is still very pale. I don't know how they didn't freeze, in the 18 degree nights we have had. I guess that's the miracle, haha.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
They ARE still good to eat! Hens will lay several eggs in a clutch before they start brooding them. This insures the eggs will all hatch the same day. Unless you had to shoo your hen off the nest, they should be just fine. I'd eat 'em.

Note: I started this post in the morning. Christmas is over and I finished and posted.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:thumbsup High FIVE!!

My pie went well. My meal went well. My day went well. Everything melded into a really great Christmas Day, nevertheless, I am glad to be seeing the other side of the holiday season. No New Year's Eve for me! It's just another day -- "Amateur Day" my BIL used to call it. We are too old and too sensible to be out and about on that evening. I may suggest the grands come over for a night of pool, ping-pong pizza, and pop. :clap (I'm a soda girl, but my alliteration was working so well I had to keep it up.)

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Merry ( although late) Christmas everyone! We had an awesome day as well. Hope you got everything you wanted.

Latest posts