Messages that make us Smile

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a cousin who sends me messages like the one to Smiles. I didn't want to post this on his thread because that is so much about the young :).

If I respond to my older cousin, she chatters up a storm ;)! We talk about family things and gardening and times gone by. She now lives just a few miles from where I grew up . . . when I lived there, her family would visit but they lived about 300 miles away. (I know, they could hardly wait for us to leave :p.)

She once forwarded a political, doomsday message. I simply told her I didn't agree with what the original poster implied. She didn't feel it necessary to apologize and I wasn't really asking for that but I've never gotten another one of those messages from her. I think I'm on a different list ;) and get "other" things.

Not long after the current administration took office, my dad's youngest brother sent me something that called into question the patriotism of all who disagreed with him. I did a little research and found the original words that were cut from the whole cloth but distributed without attribution. He responded that no one was talking about that person -- altho' "that person's" speech was there, word for word.

I've never heard from him again. Apparently, even my several inquiries about his life and times cannot override my questioning of the nature of one of his forwarded messages from the "haters." He is a very elderly man, I'm not even sure if I will hear anything more from him before his passing. My father and he had a "falling out" years ago.

Steve

the young and the old . . . here is something my cousin sent me not too long ago ;). She is the youngest of 4 children, all in their 70's and, believe it or not, her mother still lives with her! (Dad & her mother had a "falling out" decades, more than a half century (!), ago!!) She said she "loved" it and I do too. And, I love her.

oldampyoung_zpse6039ed6.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's me all over! I always told my students that I was not afraid of growing old, but that growing up really scared me.

I think that the best people never do grow up.

Love, Smart Red

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so glad you did not let others determine your relationship with your cousin. I think she must be a treasure. :) Love the messgae she & you have shared with us. :)

Latest posts