Mini Pics Again

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Was out getting a "fall" shot and couldn't resist taking these while out there....

IMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Such yummy colors! When is Spring again? LOL, I am already ready already! LOL :lol:

Thanks for the beautiful and lovely blooms!

Ron

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ron, I'm with you. I am already ready for spring and we haven't even had a frost yet....

I dread winter :/

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Not to detract from your gorgeous little minis but I wanted to share with you the dreadful freeze we had.

two weeks ago a freak freeze hit us. This is the one that took out my tomatoes. I knew it was coming, we were all forewarned, but sheets and blankets were not enough. I had everything covered but still my Brugmansias were hit hard. They had just started to bloom and now I think they stopped. One I had not seen a bloom on in several seasons and it had buds all over it. :(

mkddn6.jpg

2moyt1v.jpg

2ujqk5f.jpg

Now the question as to whether or not I should go ahead and take everything down for cuttings and start them in the greenhouse, or to just let them freeze back.

Ron

ps. but do you notice all those wonderful rose hips on those roses in front of the Brugmansia? That's it, I am moving to Florida, I hear there are great spots with mattresses out there! Jokingly I said once, "if your going to be poor, why not be poor where it is gorgeous and warm!" LOL :lol:

cwhit590

Garden Ornament
Reaction score

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think my fav is the 3rd one! I like the hot colors of the 1st one too. Do you know what varieties they are? Nice roses!
No, most of my mini roses were bought on clearance from either Wal-Mart or our local grocery store. They never came with tags :/

Oh Ron, I'm so sorry you don't get to see many more blooms from your brug. I know the first year I had mine I was pretty freaked when I saw how it just turned to nothing from the frost and I was pretty sure it wouldn't come back. This is my 3rd winter with my brug and this year I plan on mulching it very well when I cut it down before our first frost.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Broke those Roses are great! I love how the look I may be growing some this year. Oh wait my MIL gave me a rose already!

Ron that's a drag you lost the buds! I vote cuttings! You never know when you may want to send a friend or two a nice cutting. :gig

If you want I can go back into the woods and mark/save you a bed.
I seen one that was surrounded by Fern. I think you would like that spot. :throw

Joe

Latest posts